National Military Museum
The National Military Museum is situated on the former air base at Soesterberg. It combines the collections of the former Military Aviation Museum in Soesterberg and Army Museum in Delft. There are numerous pieces on display, including tanks, planes, armoured vehicles and helicopters.
The National Military Museum is located in the beautiful Park Air Base in Soesterberg. There are lots of things to see and do around the museum. Take a nice walk through the park and let your children enjoy the various opportunities for play, including a real assault course, or enjoy the weather with a cup of coffee in the outdoor café.
100 years after the foundation of the Aviation Department of the Royal Netherlands Army in 1913, the National Military Museum stands on its site. It is an impressive building with a spectacular roof and 13-metre high glass walls. Discover the arsenal and wander between the tanks and aeroplanes.
Besides the impressive arsenal, there are 6 themed areas which tell the story of the armed forces. These include personal stories from very unique people.
Not only the museum is worth a visit; the surrounding area also offers a lot. Enjoy the unique natural environemtn of Air Base Park Soesterberg, cycle past military heritage or discover the artworks in the grounds and in the shelters.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- Tuesday - Sunday from 10.00 untill 17.00 During Dutch school holidays the museum is also open on Mondays The museum is closed on the following days: • Christmas day (25 December) • New Year's day (1 Januari) • Koningsdag (Kingsday - 27 April)