Climb the Tower
Enjoy the view over Amersfoort!
‘The miracle of Amersfoort’ was the reason for the construction of the almost 100-metre-high Onze Lieve Vrouwetoren. Construction commenced after 1444 and was completed around 1500. The tower is said to symbolize the Mother of God, and the small corner turret the ChristChild. Inside the tower there are currently two carillons which can both be played, the only tower in the world to have such a feature. Incidentally, the tower has been used as the middle point of the Dutch grid reference system.
Every day from April up to the end of October it is possible to climb the 346 steps and enjoy the view over the city and the surroundings with a guided tour. In November and December it is possible to climb the tower every weekend.
On a clear day you can see Utrecht and when you are lucky even Amsterdam! During the climb your guide will share many stories and legends about the tower and the city.
- daily until December 18th, 2019from 14:00 to 15:00
- daily starting from July 1st, 2019 until August 31st, 2019from 12:00 to 18:00
- every Saturday until December 28th, 2019from 12:30 to 13:30
- * No tours on 25th and 26th of december * In May, June, September, October, November and December there is an extra tour at 12:30pm * In July and August there are tours every hour on the hour between 11:00h and 17:00h * There is only one tour at 14:00pm on Mondays in July and August
- € 4,- for children up to the age of 12